Image Posted on Updated on
Are you in your sweet spot when it comes to your career? In other words is what you’re doing today what you were made to do? Too many individuals spend their entire life simply doing a job. Yet changing careers at any point in your life requires a risk, with great amounts of uncertainty. So the question becomes, do I stay in my present role, one that requires no risk, and leaves me unfulfilled or do I take a risk, step out in order to fulfill my mission?
With the new year approaching, many make goals, re-evaluate dreams, and make some sort of mental ascent in order to tackle the coming year with a fresh perspective. Could it be time for you to take a step of faith? Embarking on a faith journey demands tremendous trust in God and on-going support from others. What you’ll find with the seven coaching questions are quintessential steps necessary to help you on your journey.
Imagine for a moment your journey is an intense back-packing trip. For the novice hiker, making such a trek could spell disaster. Yet for the seasoned hiker, all the potential danger found along the path, goes unnoticed in comparison with the beauty discovered along the way. For the seasoned hiker to experience the beauty, he must first pack and prepare for the future expedition.
Moving forward with your goals requires no less preparation.
So back to the original question. Are you in your sweet spot when it comes to your career? Once you’ve answered this question, the next seven questions begin to make sense. Answering these questions is no guarantee of success, but they will certainly get you on your way. Consider them the preparation aspect of your career climb.
So here they are…
- If the sky’s the limit, what would you like to do? What is it your passionate about? What gets you up in the morning?
- Who are the people in your life today/networks you have, who can best help you reach your goals?
- What books, podcasts, articles are you reading/listening to that will help you reach your dream?
- What character trait(s) do you need to strengthen/change to move you closer to your passion?
- Who are you currently mentoring with the sole purpose of helping them reach their dreams?
- What is one thing you can do today that propels you further in fulfilling the desire of your heart?
- What is holding you back from taking that first step?
And the bonus question.
When will you begin?